Saturday 29 November 2014

How NOT to embarrass yourself in public

If you know me then you probably know that I'm a really awkward person and I always tend to embarrass myself somehow. It's quite ironic for ME to be helping people not embarrass themselves but oh well, I'll try. Everything written is based upon my experience.

#1: DON'T ANALYZE EVERYTHING!
I do this one a lot. A few months ago, I was in my grandmother's house and I was basically analyzing how I could stand up from my sitting position without falling into the food that was placed on the floor in front of me. As silly as that may sound, it was a very stressful moment in my life but at least, I didn't fall into the food.


#2: ALWAYS WATCH YOUR STEPS!
Your parents have probably told you this before because its so important! When I was in Georgia a few months ago -check out my traveling blog www.unexploredbeauty.blogspot.com (It's always time for a promo) okay so we used to go out every night for walks and we were like a huge number of people, so I was peacefully walking and thinking about what were gonna have for dinner and then I suddenly FELL ON MY FACE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET.


#3: DON'T MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE IN FRONT OF THEM!
Where I live most people speak either Arabic or English (or a mixture of both languages) but there are some groups of people which are Arab by blood but Iranian by roots so they can speak Persian as well. So the other day, I was with my mom in a supermarket and the cashier was really slow -I was in a hurry- I made fun of him in Persian, not expecting him to understand but then he glared at me and I found out that he spoke and understood Persian as well.


#4: DON'T TRY TO GUESS SOMEONE'S NAME!
If you forgot someone's name then don't try to guess it because you might embarrass yourself. "Sorry, I'm terrible with names. What was it again?" I have tried saying this and it works, surprisingly, people appreciate it as well.
"Sorry, I'm terrible with names. What was it again?"
"I'm ___"
"Oh nice to see you ___"
*when leaving*
"Okay bye ___, see you around."

-The point is, you should repeat the person's name as much as you can -without making it awkward- while looking them in the eyes.

#5: WAVED AT SOMEONE BY MISTAKE? NO PROBLEM.
Oldest trick in the book, when you wave at someone by mistake, as soon as you realize it move your hand to your hair quickly and brush your hair -act natural-


___________________________
Twitter: @BloggerFatema












No comments:

Post a Comment