Thursday 23 October 2014

Becoming who I am today.

I have changed a lot through out my life and i guess that's just shaping my personality. I was a completely different person a few years back; my life has turned upside down and so have I.

5 things that shaped me to who i am today:

#1: Negative thinking to positive thinking.
The most important thing to change in your life is the way you think and your aspect of life. I used to think negatively all the time which slowly killed me and developed to a really big problem. After years of negative thinking, I have decided that I have to change. Changing the way I think was a major turning point in my life; I changed from a pessimist to an optimist.



#2: Losing weight.
3 years ago, I was obese and borderline diabetic. To this day, I am not supported for living healthily. Although having a child who is healthy is every parents dream, its not my parents' dream; they wish for a 'normal' child who eats everything. The day I found out I was borderline diabetic was the day I had decided that I have to lose wight; my life changed; I changed my life; the food i ate; the way i used to think; and the way i used to feel. After losing almost 20 kilograms, I started believing in
myself and I found out that whatever i set my mind to, I can accomplish.




 #3: Learning from my mistakes.
I used to get upset when I failed in anything, whether it was school work or a competition. Today, when I fail in tests, competitions or exams; I note down where I went wrong and i figure out how I can fix my mistakes. I now believe that mastery comes through practice and practice happens through failure. 



#4: Losing friends.
Last year, i have lost a dozen of friends but although, I was depressed after they all left me; I realized that it was for the best. After months of isolation and sadness, I told myself that they are out of my life for a reason and God have taken them out of my life, in order for me, to be happy. Everything happens for a reason and them leaving my life is for the best.

#5: Accepting myself the way I am.
Self acceptance and self love are words that sound like an easy thing but is really hard to achieve. Years of insecurity and self hate have finally led to years of self love and self acceptance. I have worked very hard on this point and I finally can truly say that I love and accept myself the way I am. I may not be the kindest, most intelligent or most beautiful person in the world, but i try hard to change myself into best version of myself and i think that's why I should love myself.

 



















No comments:

Post a Comment